1. Choose between:
- W.A. Mozart: Rondo in B-Flat Major, KV 269 (7 min)*
- W.A. Mozart: Rondo in C, KV 373 (6 min)*
- W.A. Mozart: Adagio in E, KV 261 (6 min)*
Play your own cadenza with a maximum of 1 minute.
2. Choose between N. Paganini: 24 Caprices for Solo Violin Op.1: Nr. 1, 2, 6, 9 or 19*
3. Choose between:
- E. Ysaÿe: Caprice apres lʼetude en forme de valse de C. Saint-Saëns*
- K. Szymanowski: Nocturne et Tarantelle, Op.28*
- S. Prokofiev: from Cinderella Suite, Op. 87 (arr. M. Fichtenholz): Winter Fairy (act I) & Grand Waltz (act II)
4. Comissioned composition by Willem Jeths (available from 16 October 2015).
* These works are to be played from memory.
1. Choose between:
- J.S. Bach: Sonata in B minor: Adagio (part 1) and Allegro (part 2), BWV1014
- J.S. Bach: Sonata in E major: Adagio (part 1) and Allegro (part 2), BWV1016
- J.S. Bach: Sonata in C minor: Sicilienne – Largo (part 1, only the first repeat) and Allegro (part 2), BWV1017
2. First part of one of the three J. Brahms Violin Sonatas (Op.78, Op.100 or Op.108).
3. From the chosen concerto for the final:
- B. Britten: Violin Concerto No.1, Op.15: First part (Moderato con moto)
- I. Stravinsky: Violin Concerto in D major: Part 1 (Toccata) and 3 (Aria II)
- K. Szymanovski: Violin Concerto No.1, Op.35: Vivace scherzando – Poco meno – Allegretto – Vivace (Tempo |) until cadenza
4. Own performance:
Create your own ten-minute performance with the following three elements:
– a colour
– a poet
– a dance
All three elements have to be present. Be as original and creative as possible and try to involve other forms of art. Give the performance a title and explain its contents in a short film of maximum two minutes (to be handed in no later than one day after the preliminary round, before is also allowed).
- B. Britten: Violin Concerto No.1, Op.15
- I. Stravinsky: Violin Concerto in D major
- K. Szymanovski: Violin Concerto No.1, Op.35
With accompaniment of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Rafael Payare.