The Netherlands Violin Competition reaches its aims by organizing the competition for different age categories: the category Oskar Back (17-26 years), Davina van Wely (14-18 years) and Iordens (6-14 years). The organisation is also providing a vast program of talent support with appearances, coachings and guidance for the winners.
Young violinists who are studying at a conservatory in The Netherlands or who have the Dutch nationality, can join the competition in January and February, 2016.
Dates and subscription
The Netherlands Violin Competition takes place from 9 January to 6 February 2016. Application opens on 1 September 2015 and closes 15 October 2015 at 17.00 hours.
Participants are divided into different age groups based on the age at the day of the finale: 6 February 2016.
- Category Iordens: born between 7 February 2002 and 6 February 2006
- Category Davina van Wely: born between 20 April 1998* and 6 February 2002
- Category Oskar Back: born between 7 February 1990 and 19 April 1998*
- Showcase Violin Talents: born between 7 February 1998 and 6 February 2010
* In 2016 we make an exception for the upper limit of the Category Davina van Wely and the lower limit of the category Oskar Back. This is a transitional arrangement: candidates that still were the age of 17 on 19 April 2015 (exactly two years after the competition in 2013) are still allowed to participate in the Category Davina van Wely.